I Fear, Do You?

Hey Guys!!!

I would like to speak about Fear. You know, fear of darkness, thunderstorms, stray dogs, etc...etc...

I had all these and much more, I was not aware of it until one fine morning, a very old priest of my father's acquaintance took my pulse and said, "Mr. Mathew, your daughter is a frightened kid. It would be advisable, if you could give her juice of Naruneendi (Hemidesmus indicus). It is actually an ayurvedic medicine, which had no taste but some taste, I cannot explain the flavour of the taste. I had consumed two bottles, before returning to the boarding school.

As time passed, I was wondering, did the medicine really work? And I would say, not really. I had all the fear which I had before but there was one difference, I was aware of it. When the fear raises its head in me, I would know and analyze it,

"with fear, will the problem in front of me get solved?"

"No"

"Then what is the point in fearing?, just face the problem and let it happen, whatever is supposed to happen."

And the funny thing is, nothing which I feared did happen.

So, then what is the point in fearing? To make known that you are human? Forget it. There are loads of things that make us human, don't lose your health and sleep for fear.

You know, fear is natural, everyone should have it or else I would say they are not normal, but the courage to overcome it is what makes the difference in life. They can live their life in full.

I will say my story, a real life experience, which I had yesterday. I hope not those who know me personally read this.

So the story is thus.

I owe a lady Rs. 10,000/- and I had only 1400/- in my account. I had already given word that I will give her the money yesterday and for me, my word cannot be broken. So I told God, "Look God I need the money to pay her, so help me out and I just left it off and continued my work. I told my friend about it and she was a bit sceptical about it because we all know, this God business is a bit queer and its something undefinable and faith cannot be mixed with daily needs, etc...

But for me God, is more real than my own bodily Self. But no one will understand it. So I am not going into that. Anyway, after half an hour, I received a message that one of the clients has paid me the payment for my service which he is planning to take in the month of November and I really got cross eye, seeing the amount because it was exactly, the amount I needed. And that saved the day.

That is what life is, we are living in the unknown and every moment ahead is darkness, no matter, if it is day or night, the next moment of our life is as new as a new born babe and we will have to face it, no matter who you are, whether a prince or pauper. But if you have someone to hold your hand, through all the phases of life, every moment both good and bad, then I would say, don't let that go. And that is where the eternally present God, comes. But You will have to give Him a chance. If you take upon yourself to drive your life to the destination you feel right, then fine, because God can sit idly in the back seat of your life, and then, don't blame God, for not getting your plans and ambitions right.
If God is the driver then, there is no need of Fear, no need of Anxiety, no need of thinking and planning ahead, its just a simple life to be enjoyed, no matter, what the situation is. So think about it. I am happy, how about you?

Take care.

Meena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Vote of Thanks during Christmas Celebration

Advantages & Disadvantages of Deforestation

Advantages of Old age Homes