Face Value - Jinson S Velamkunnel

Hey Guys!!!!

Today its the boys of my class I am supposed to speak about, believe it or not these guys were gentlemen through and through but if you ask me very deeply about them, I would not know a single thing, because this was a convent school, the nuns were overwhelmingly protective when it comes to mingling with boys. That doesn't mean we cannot talk, we talk, joke, etc..etc.. but not the heart to heart talking eh!!!

Still, I would like to write what I felt about these guys and how it made a difference in my life, it might not be true from their perspective. I am just jotting what I felt and make sure you understand, its my perspective okay????

So I will start with Jinson S Velamkunnel. He is a first bencher and a very studious boy. He was a real masterpiece in thinking. His thoughts had depth. Its like if we are talking chemistry, he thinks in chemistry, but does not connect to the real world, for eg :- 2 Hydrogen atoms and 1 Oxygen atom combine to form water, but in his mind he is with the atom phase but not the water phase. Seeing his way of thinking I thought he might become a scientist or physicist or an astronomer because nthing deviates his thoughts, very focused.

He was a hard worker and good at all things intellectual. Due to his way of thinking I used to get a small reprieve from being the sole member of being the butt of all jokes in my class. (If you want the truth, we were the only people who were the laughing stock of the class.)  But he accepted all the ribbings with grace, that is what I learnt from him. It was like a switch, after all the laughing, he gets serious so fast, I was awed by his way of changing from joke face to serious face. He really loved to know. You know the Newton's way of thinking (gravity).

Why this trivial reason(butt of all joke) is important to me?

I was a person who liked to be invisible (be inside a shell) but in a class of 13 students its next to impossible and to make myself vulnerable to one and all and get humiliated of my own making is next to torture, but when I saw Jinson accepting the joke as a joke and not as a humiliating experience, I knew, I should take a feather from his cap and just let all the world laugh at me because they were all without malice, it made a lot of difference in my attitude towards life. You know after several sessions of me being a joker I found out one thing, I can make everyone smile or laugh without cracking a single joke (frankly, I hadn't a single bone in me that could count as sense of humour).

When I look back now, I know as per rule I was the only person entitled to be the butt of all jokes, but God sent me an angel in the form of Jinson to show, how to take jokes in ones stride.So I would like to thank Jinson for teaching me to accept jokes at face value because that helped me in prioritizing how much importance should we give for the hurts and bad mouths we receive from the people around in life (which is nil). 

Thank you Jinson. Hope everyone understand the importance of Face Value.

See you.

Meena 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Vote of Thanks during Christmas Celebration

Advantages & Disadvantages of Deforestation

Advantages of Old age Homes